Saturday, March 20, 2010

On: equilibrium.



I must say that it has been a disappointingly dull first day of spring. The sky is gloomy and my head doesn’t want to function at a regular capacity, I’m plugging along at mediocre. When I woke up little flakes of snow were falling.

I’ve seen robins, cardinals and even a pair of sparrow hawks in the past week-very encouraging signs for warm weather.

I got some things done though: I never want for reading material as exams are on the horizon, and I’ve been banging away at my sewing machine attempting to achieve something that isn’t wrinkled at the seams, wonky at the hem, or sewn inside out. I’ve been attempting all winter now, and I’m beginning to make some progress. One pair of pants has been altered nearly to my liking, and today I turned a sack of a dress with huge floppy sleeves into something rather nice. As Scrumpy pointed out it looks a little ‘formal’ as the shape is quite traditional, however I’m sure that I can make it look dumpstery enough with some accessories and trademark stank.

No comments:

Post a Comment