Saturday, April 17, 2010

On: newness.

bike
sky





Another term is over, a great sigh of releif. My first university year is complete, and in many ways a success. I look forward to next year, but at the moment I look forward more to the free time that I will be enjoying until the end of April. Fun with friends, relaxation and sewing, time with parents, Nox and house sitting in the country are all in my near future and are joyously welcomed in place of essays and tests and my horrible religions of the east teacher. This is not to mention the glorious changes that are occurring outside. The grass is green now, buds are jumping out of trees and it seems like the flowers are everywhere. This has been the shortest winter my life has ever seen, when early December the snow wasn’t sticking to the ground yet and in March spring had arrived.

I hope that I have more classes next year that I enjoy as much as my classical mythology class and my EVIL class. Classical mythology was wonderful because I could enjoy an hour of story time three days a week, there were too many names to remember though. EVIL was special in all sorts of ways, it being a religious studies class applying religious theories to systemic ‘evil’ and the ‘evil’ that occurs in modernity. Having a somewhat unconventional religious upbringing and a...certain distaste for Christianity, morality and religion have always been very separate in my mind. I feel that I now have a more balanced perspective of religiosity and I know a bit more about some current issues of capitalism, free trade, consumerism and production, human rights, the environment and animal husbandry. The teacher was really fantastic as well. She’s a new hero of mine.

On Wednesday I sat my last exam (in EVIL), then when I came home I ate and redressed and made bubble mix. Eating doesn’t take much time at the moment, as I had a stomach bug and spent Monday throwing up. I had no idea that bulimia was so effective; I lost five pounds in an afternoon. Nox and I walked downtown to meet Kelly-M-Ehm at the concrete garden that the city built outside of the mall to “rejuvenate” the downtown core. Somehow they hadn’t considered the possibility that skateboarders would live there in swarms, which I think is wonderful. I love watching people fall down.

I found a newspaper that had gotten hold of the news that I had been out “inspecting student areas” again. Har har. They should keep out of my personal life. M was on the cover as well, with a picture from the play that she was in. We blew bubbles from the steps and watched people fall over. We all agree that a bubble party with veggie dyed bubble water and bikes and things would be a lot of fun.

I would like to note that my makeup in these pictures may appear yellow and blue and matte, however it the 3-D world it was bright green and blue and shimmery because I wanted to match the bubbles.

On the way home Nox and I found a toilet on the side of the road. I sat down to read my newspaper and relieve myself, and a fellow exited the house looking at me and said “you’d better not be taking a dump.”

Well. Oops.

Since then I have been sewing, playing the banjulele, reading and more. I finished the two books that I didn’t get to read for my English classes, 1984 and Generation X. I had forgotten how many interesting ideas came to me from my reading of Generation X in high school. It was a good revisit.

No comments:

Post a Comment