Tuesday, September 21, 2010

On: Success!

ponyM-O-O-N

M-O-O-N broadcast number one is complete! Minus a couple of bumps I am quite pleased with the outcome. It certainly felt wonderful to be on the air; an orgasmic rush of...power? Awesomeness? I don't know! But it was great!

When I got to the station the show before me was still in session, so I only had two or three minutes to get set up. they told me before I went on that the computer chord wasn't working, so any MP3's couldn't be played. Luckily they were lying, because all I had was my wee flash drive of songs.

I did my intro and played the first two songs...with dead air in between because I switched the mic off instead of on. Oh my! I'm glad I made a couple of big mistakes on my first show. This means that show #2 will be exponentially more badass. Awww yeah!

Here's what I played;
Secession- Sneakyville
Virgin Prunes- Pagan Lovesong
Tones on Tail- Christian Says
Corpus Delicti- Saraband
Lords of the New Church- Russian Roulette
Bauhaus- She's In Parties
A Spectre Is Haunting Europe- Night Class
Doug & the Slugs- Too Bad
Spoons- Romantic Traffic
Talking Heads- Wild Wild Life
Handful Of Snowdrops- Gabrielle
Ausgang- Armadillo Man

Now I just need to decide whether I'm going to Cadillacs and Cadavers show, or RatTail this weekend. Frack!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry anonymous, I guess my brain was sleep addled because I hit delete instead of publish on your comment.

    That's really weird, because in IE my layout is all messed up. Instead of being a pretty sidebar all of my gadgets sink and run around the page like they own it. I guess my blog is just persnickety. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least yours works. Mine seems nuked! Can you view it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you. :)
    Or "tack" as we say in Swedish. ^^

    ReplyDelete